Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your question!
I know that some of microsoft products have usage statistics that get sent back to Microsoft. One ethics question concerns the privacy of the consumer. Is my personal information within Windows software kept confidential? What does Microsoft do with the usage statistics that gets reported back to them? DISAGREE
Do programmers take the code home and use it in their own personal code projects? I would say this is alright, so long as you agree that your code belongs to Microsoft Corporation. AGREE
Are user names and passwords to Microsoft accounts abused? For instance, would employees be tempted to look through a users' personal emails or uploaded pictures? DISAGREE. I would not use or look at someone's personal information if it is not related to work.
MICROSOFT's 6 CODE OF ETHICS:
(1) integrity and honesty;
(2) passion for customers, partners and technology;
(3) being "open and respectful with others and dedicated to making them better";
(4) a "willingness to take on big challenges and see them through";
(5) being "self-critical, questioning, and committed to personal excellence and self-improvement";
(6) and finally, being "accountable for commitments, results, and quality to customers, shareholders, partners, and employees."
Please let me know if you need any clarification. I'm always happy to answer your questions.
Nov 8th, 2015
Studypool's Notebank makes it easy to buy and sell old notes, study guides, reviews, etc.