Effective Leadership Practices Project
Define effective leadership practices, based on either your Option A interview or your Option B research. Your final paper should include the following:
- Explain why you chose your selected leader.
- Evaluate the characteristics of a specific leader relevant to a critical evaluation of leadership.
- Provide a background, including the context of the leader's environment and the culture of the organization and society.
- Address each of the interview or research questions that follow.
Interview or Research Questions
In either your Option A interview or your Option B research, address the following questions:
- What is your chosen leader's definition of leadership?
- How does your chosen leader demonstrate the five practices of exemplary leadership?
- How does your chosen leader model the way?
- How does your chosen leader inspire a shared vision?
- How does your chosen leader challenge the process?
- How does your chosen leader enable others to act?
- How does your chosen leader encourage the heart (Kouzes & Posner, 2012)?
- What challenges and opportunities does your chosen leader face?
Complete and submit your final project as an attachment to this assignment. You are also required to submit your assignment to Turnitin (Unit 5 Effective Leadership Practices Project).
Your paper should be 4–7 pages in length and include a minimum of two sources other than your textbook.
You may choose to use the APA: The Easy Way guide by Houghton and Houghton to review the basics of the APA writing style. Focus on the correct formatting of a running head, page numbers, cover page, table of contents, headings, font style, font size, paraphrasing, citations, and a reference page.
Format your paper according to current APA style and formatting guidelines