1. Respond to the following
- The response should be 2 to 3
"well developed" paragraphs (5 or more complete sentences per
paragraph----I prefer more)
- The response should include at
least one internet web site source (do not use your required book)
- The "Response" should
be 2 to 3 well developed paragraphs in length. (I prefer more)
- Do not cut and
paste directly from websites. Summarize in your own words.
- Perform a spell/grammar check
- Include references (Do not use
the required text or sites provided in the course).
- Hyperlinks can not be used as
- References must be the
complete websites or the complete reference (APA or MLA format).
- *****1 paragraph = approximately
5 or more complete sentences----NOT FRAGMENTS. (remember, sentences
MUST begin with a capital alphabet and end with a period)
2. make the responses after
finish these questions!!!
PS: make the answer
specific and longer. Also read my instructions very clearly especially second
one- make the responses after finish these questions!!!
Hydrothermal vents are cracks in the ocean floor. Jets of hot water emit at the cracks. Vents are loaded with minerals and bacteria. Sizes range in diameter from less than an inch to more than six feet. Some vents are inhabited by oceanic animal life forms.
The first hydrothermal vent was discovered in 1977. Scientists on a research expedition in the Galapagos Rift, discovered the vent off the coast of South America. The Galapagos Rift is part of the mid-ocean ridge system.
Locate one or more sites on "Hydrothermal Vents". Use information gathered from the site(s) to assist you in responding to the questions below.
- Name some organisms that inhabit hydrothermal vents.
- How do animals living near hydrothermal vents get their food energy?
- Should federal dollars contribute to explorations like the Galapagos Rift project where scientists discovered hydrothermal vent communities?
- What are some advantages and disadvantages of finding new animal/plant forms?