Unit: International Financial System
Due Date: Mon, 12/01/15
A regional bank has
decided to open an office overseas for serving those businesses that are
expanding internationally. Choose a country with a large financial center that
you believe would be helpful to your customer base.
- Discuss some of the challenges
you may face in this new environment.
- What are the cultural, ethnic,
social, and educational characteristics?
- Describe the political and legal
- How much does the government
intervene in the private sector?
- How will that affect your
- What type of economic system
does it have?
- What is the history of that
- How is the country involved in
- How does the government get
involved in trade issues?
- Will that help or hurt your
- Will your presence in this
country be helpful in your attempts to invest in other developing
- Is this country involved in any
regional integration efforts? How so?
- Why did you choose this location
for your bank?
- As a manager, what would be your
overall assessment about whether you want to pursue opening an office
- Are the financial risks worth
- Will it be beneficial to all of
In pursuing this,
what type of presence do you think would be best suited to your objectives?
- How should the plant be
- Should they hedge foreign
exchange or something else? Explain.
- Identify 3 foreign exchange
instruments you would recommend?
- What, if any, government
regulations that would affect earnings and cash flow should they be aware
- Include the need to be aware of
inflation and interest rates and how it affects exchange rates.
- Keep in mind that the country
that the plant is in does not necessarily have to be where the financing is
Discuss current management practices and principles used in the
current global business environment.
Summarize the opportunities and risks of doing business in
Explain how differences between foreign and domestic environments
impact the conduct of business.
Describe how global managers are able to influence management
decisions despite cultural and language differences.
Compare alternative organizational structures for international
Discuss strategies organizations can pursue for international
Use effective communication techniques.
Use team and problem-solving skills to collaborate on a project.
***Four to Eight
Reference in APA format