Target markets, positioning & customer behavior
Pick a health services organization of your choice and conduct an analysis of its target markets, how it is positioned in the marketplace, and what kind of behaviors its customers exhibit when selecting their services. Your research can include your own experiences with the organization, experiences of friends or relatives, the organization’s website, a visit to the organization (if possible), websites of competitors, library research on the service category, any notes from the overview and readings for Weeks 3 and 4, and any other place you think you can find information to provide depth to your analysis.
After completing your research, prepare your Written Assignment as directed by the general guidelines for written assignments below, by answering each of the following questions in turn:
- Name and describe the health service organization.
- Describe its primary target market in terms of the segmentation variables presented in the Week 4 Overview. You can use the PRISM system or describe it yourself.
- What kind of behaviors do its patients/clients exhibit when making a decision to use the organization’s services? Might want to refer to the Health Service Model.
- What do you think is the organization’s value proposition? Use the generic value propositions outlined in the Week 4 Overview.
- Describe the organization’s primary competitors. If possible, prepare a positioning map using two variables important to the patients/clients of the organization.
- Based on your competitive analysis, what do you is the organization’s competitive position?
- What recommendations would you make for changes to the organization’s target market, services or competitive position and why?
Written projects must:
- be typed, double-spaced, in 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font, with margins no wider than one inch
- have a title page with your name, the course name, the date, and the instructor’s name.
- have footnotes or endnotes, with correct citations
- have a bibliography of sources used. You may not cite Wikipedia as a research source.
- be prepared using word processing software (Microsoft Word preferred). Projects may not be submitted in pdf or docm