1) Find the critical value zc that corresponds to a 95% confidence level.
2) Construct and Interpret Confidence Intervals for the Population Mean: A random sample of 40 students has a test score with x = 81.5 and s = 10.2. Construct the confidence interval for the population mean, μ if c = 0.90.
3) The standard IQ test has a mean of 101 and a standard deviation of 16. We want to be 98% certain that we are within 4 IQ points of the true mean. Determine the required sample size.
4) In order to efficiently bid on a contract, a contractor wants to be 95% confident that his error is less than two hours in estimating the average time it takes to install tile flooring. Previous contracts indicate that the standard deviation is 4.5 hours. How large a sample must be selected?
5) Find the critical value, tc for c = 0.99 and n = 10.
6) When 435 college students were surveyed,120 said they own their car. Find a point estimate for p, the population proportion of students who own their cars.
7) A survey of 400 non-fatal accidents showed that 189 involved the use of a cell phone. Find a point estimate for p, the population proportion of non-fatal accidents that involved the use of a cell phone.
8) A survey of 250 homeless persons showed that 17 were veterans. Find a point estimate p, for the population proportion of homeless persons who are veterans.
9) Construct a 95% confidence interval for the population standard deviation σ of a random sample of 15 men who have a mean weight of 165.2 pounds with a standard deviation of 13.5 pounds. Assume the population is normally distributed.
10) A student randomly selects 10 CDs at a store. The mean is $13.75 with a standard deviation of $1.50. Construct a 95% confidence interval for the population standard deviation, σ.
11) Determine the sampling error if the grade point averages for 10 randomly selected students from a class of 125 students has a mean of x = 1.8. Assume the grade point average of the 125 students has a mean of μ = 2.4.
12) A random sample of 120 students has a test score average with a standard deviation of 9.2. Find the margin of error if c = 0.98
Explanation & Answer
Hello, here is the solution. Let me know if you need edits. Feel free to invite me in the future. Cheers!😀
Assignment 6 – Ch...
24/7 Homework Help
Stuck on a homework question? Our verified tutors can answer all questions, from basic math to advanced rocket science!
Uncle Tom's Cabin
by Harriet Beecher Stowe
Flowers For Algernon
by Alice Walker
The Secret Garden
by Frances Hodgson Burnett
The Scarlet Letter
by Nathaniel Hawthorne
We Were Eight Years in Power
by Ta-Nehisi Coates
by Elie Wiesel
The Kite Runner
by Khaled Hosseini
The Secret Life of Bees
by Sue Monk Kidd
Girl Stop Apologizing
by Rachel Hollis