A. Create a multimedia presentation (e.g., Microsoft PowerPoint, Apple Keynote), that includes presenter notes, about the medication reconciliation application of an EHR for the board of directors. Include the following in your presentation:
1. Explain the features of a medication reconciliation application as a selling point for the EHR.
2. Describe how the medication reconciliation function could be used to improve healthcare delivery as a selling point for the EHR.
3. Describe how the medication reconciliation function could improve patient safety as a selling point for the EHR.
4. Describe how the medication reconciliation function could improve regulatory compliance as a selling point for the EHR.
5. Explain how the medication reconciliation application could be implemented.
B. Within the multimedia presentation, explain the ethical and legal issues for the use of medication reconciliation applications under HIPAA by doing the following:
1. Discuss ethical and legal issues as they pertain to a medication reconciliation application.
2. Propose two ethical guidelines for end users of the medication reconciliation application at Felder Community Hospital.
3. Describe consequences that should be enforced at Felder Community Hospital for violating ethical or legal guidelines regarding the use of a medication reconciliation application.
C. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
D. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.