Select one of the three NIOSH Health Hazard Evaluations listed below, and perform a critical analysis of the report.
• Option 1. HHE Report No. HETA-92-0073-2337, United States Postal Service, General Mail Facility, Denver, Colorado – NOTE: Deals with mail handling equipment.
• Option 2. Health Hazard Evaluation Report, HETA-99-0283-2855, Yellowstone National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming – NOTE: Deals with the use of snowmobiles.
• Option 3. Health hazard evaluation report, HETA 2002-0239-2922, United States Postal Service, Norman, Oklahoma – NOTE: Deals with the use of Segway Human Transporter.
1. The ergonomic issues involved
2. The research conducted (and what type of study)
3. The findings and recommendations, and
4. Any other significant point
Please include comments on the following:
1. What did you learn in this review?
2. What more would you like to have seen discussed?
Your answer to this assignment should be two to four pages, double-spaced, with one inch margins and no more than a 12 pitch font. It is suggested that you prepare your response in a word processor. This will allow you to better articulate and spell-check your answers. The assignment requires that you use your text and at least two other references and readings, which pertain to the topic in question.
CSU requires that students use the APA style for papers and projects. Therefore, the APA rules for formatting, quoting, paraphrasing, citing, and listing of sources are to be followed.
CSU Grading Rubric for Papers/Projects
The course papers will be graded based on the CSU Grading Rubric for all types of papers. In addition, all papers will be submitted for electronic evaluation to rule out plagiarism.
The content is exceptionally clear, focused, and controlled. Main ideas are
relevant, thoughtfully selected, and strongly supported by exceptional support
that are appropriate for the objectives of the assignment.
Content exceeds required length.
The organization enhances the central
idea(s) and supports the development of the topic. The order and structure are
strong and enable the reader to move through the text effortlessly. The content
contains effective sequencing and transitions.
Grammar & Style Conventions:
The text demonstrates exceptionally
strong control of Standard Written English (SWE) (e.g., punctuation, spelling,
capitalization, paragraph breaks, grammar and usage) and uses them effectively
to enhance communication. Errors are so few and so minor that they do not
Resources & References:
The source material is properly
acknowledged and cited appropriately using APA format. Source material includes
an appropriate reference list that contains all of the sources that are cited
within the text of the content. Content includes varying and correct quotation
integration (ie: paraphrased and directly quoted material is used and cited
properly). Sources used are at the appropriate academic level.