Peer Review Prompt for the Research Essay
Title of the Paper:
(If there is no title, please note this as well. All papers need titles.)
Please answer each question in complete sentences and in detail. Short (less than 50 words) or
superficial responses will not be counted for credit.
1. What is the topic of the piece? How has the writer made this topic seem interesting or relevant
in the introduction? Does the intro of the paper make you want to read on? What could the writer
2. What is the author’s thesis? Is the thesis a claim that ought to be supported with the writer’s
3. Please comment on the author’s use of sources. Did he or she meet the source requirement for
this essay as you understand it? Did he or she cite his or her sources both within the text and in a
separate works cited page? Would you classify the sources as credible? Why?
4. What are three strengths of this essay?
5. What are some things, in your opinion, the author should try to work on? You may want to
address grammar and format here, but do refer back to the original prompt to see if the author is
missing any key requirements. Please pay special attention to the source requirements.
Purchase answer to see full