Assignment 2: Part B: Your Marketing Plan
Using the same hypothetical company from Assignment 1, for this assignment, you will focus on the company’s branding strategy, primary and secondary target markets, positioning statement, and consumer behavior.
Note: You should create and/or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Create the second part of your marketing plan:
- Describe or list the feedback you received on Part A of your marketing plan. Explain how you will use the feedback to improve your plan.
- Develop a branding strategy for your product / service that covers the brand name, logo, slogan, and at least one brand extension.
- Thoroughly analyze the primary and secondary markets that you want to target. Thoroughly include the demographic profile (e.g., age, gender, ethnicity, etc.), psychographic profile, professional profile, geographic profile, and any other segmentation variable you deem necessary.
- Prepare a positioning statement. Include a perceptual map that shows your company’s position against its competitors. From this map, create a statement that depicts your position.
- Examine the relevant consumer behavior for your target market. Explain the main reasons why the brand name, logo, slogan, brand extension, as well as the positioning statement are right for the identified target market.
- Use at least three academic resources as quantitative marketing research to determine the feasibility of your product / service. These resources should be industry specific and relate to your chosen product / service.
Note: Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double- spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
1. Analyze marketing environments and strategies used to strengthen product or service positioning.
c. Examine the marketing science of customer behavior and products in the marketing exchange process.
2. Evaluate marketing strategies used to create/communicate customer value.
a. Analyze the marketing framework through a situation analysis.
b. Evaluate target customer segments and positioning products within these segments.
c. Evaluate the basis for market segmentation and approaches to segmentation.
3. Create an effective marketing plan.
a. Develop recommendations based on market analysis and strategy.
b. Develop strategies to assess performance and achieve marketing goals.
c. Develop dynamic strategies for competing.
d. Develop branding strategies for existing and new products or services.
Explanation & Answer
Ozarks Marketing Plan Outline
Thesis Statement: Ozark's slogan speaks about value for money, quality, and leadership. These
are aspects that we cannot compromise in any way as the success of Ozarks hugely depends on
them. We are going to work with Burger King on a brand extension.
II. Branding Strategy
III. Positioning Statement
IV. Customers Behaviors
Running head: OZARKS MARKETING PLAN
Ozarks Marketing Plan
OZARKS MARKETING PLAN
Ozarks Poultry Farm is committed to becoming the number one player in the poultry
products in Boston and America. We are prepared to take all the lessons that are out there for
us without fear. We believe that our greatest strength lies in listening to what our customers
and other stakeholders have given us. Working in a dynamic environment means that we
should be ready to iterate and change without losing our focus (Wensley, 2016). As we aim to
reach our goals, we should understand that it is not easy to do so without coming up with a
dedicated approach. We take all feedback with positivity because we are out to make our
customers happy and satisfied.
Our customers believe that the products should be taken closer to them either by having
collection points or deliveries. We aim to do this by partnering with consumer outlets and
opening up new collection points. This will help us to get direct feedback from our customers
through the delivery points. Second, it has been suggested that we should create a loyalty
points system to reward our most loyal customers. Our competitors have used this approach in
the past, but it did not work because they had a small market. The approach is going to work
for Ozarks because we have a huge market, especially in Boston. Ozarks has also been
collecting data on the needs of their customers. Ozarks intends to use this data to enrich their
strategies and marketing plan for the coming days. There is a need to establish a customer
service office in the concentrated areas to help us rea...