Assignment 3: Developing Your Team
Due Week 9 and worth 200 points
Imagine you’ve been promoted to a management position and you are tasked with developing your new team. In this assignment you will create a writeup that depicts the different elements that need to be addressed as you assemble your team.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Explain how you could create a diverse team of employees with different strengths. Use scenarios to convey your idea.
- Discuss methods you would adopt to improve team dynamics and employee behaviors.
- Describe two (2) management techniques you would implement to ensure that your new team aligns to your company’s mission.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the principal theories of leadership and motivation, and describe the fundamental considerations in managing and motivating individual and group behavior.
- Analyze the role of the HRM function, and its importance to the management of employee and labor relations.
- Explain the decision-making process management uses to develop viable courses of action to a variety of management situations.
- Explain the multiple aspects of the managerial planning process and the application of various business- and corporate-level strategies.
- Describe control systems that can improve a firm’s operations and facilitate change.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in management concepts.
- Write clearly and concisely about management concepts using proper writing mechanics.
Explanation & Answer
Overview of teambuilding
Development of a diverse team
Improving team dynamics and employee behaviour
Clarity of roles and responsibilities
Effective compensation plan
Training and development programs
The one-page strategic plan
Bailey, C., Mankin, D., Kelliher, C., & Garavan, T. (2018). Strategic human resource
management. Oxford University Press.
Running head: TEAMBUILDING
The ultimate goal of building a new team is to incorporate diversity and significantly
realize organizational goals. Notably, teams are effective for complex tasks since they integrate
diversity, knowledge sharing, sharing of responsibility, and coordination that increases
performance. In the current business landscape, corporate management reinforces team building
to enhance employees occupational behavior and productivity at large. Team-based work fully
leverages employees strengths to maximize performance (Bailey, Mankin, Kelliher, & Garavan,
2018). As a result, effective teambuilding ensures an organization’s success and profitability at
large. This paper will, therefore, present a comprehensive design in building a new team.
Creating a diverse team
Employee diversity maximizes performance since staff from different background
expand company views and perspective in the process of decision making. As such, a
multicultural team brings an array of benefits to an organization by working in a collaborative
harmonious fashion (Bailey, Mankin, Kelliher,...
24/7 Homework Help
Stuck on a homework question? Our verified tutors can answer all questions, from basic math to advanced rocket science!