You are the leader of a medium size organic cereal company known as “Cereal Stuff “. The vision statement is: “To provide the world with cereals and good stuff that it can make.” You want to expand your business to the Canadian and Mexican markets and develop a new related product containing quinoa that some of your customers have wanted you to make. You have decided to take on a new vice president to spearhead the expansion. Your business is set up horizontally with each department in charge of their decision making. The department heads are all vice presidents and they form a team that works with you to lead the company business efforts and to keep the business moving forward. The departments include: production, quality control and product development, finance and accounting, and marketing and sales. The new vice president will be head of the new marketing division. The business has a culture that is best described as an adhocracy. You are hoping to move toward a more democratic culture. The business values include
- only using quality organic foods,
- the customer needs first,
- sustainability in production processes and packaging.
Required Elements of Project:
· Create the interview questions that you will use to evaluate the candidates.
· Students will not only create the questions but students will also explain the answers that you are looking for to your questions. Remember, it is important to get a good fit for your business.
· In creating the questions you should consider the 21st business landscape, the role of the leader, leadership styles, the need to bring trust to the corporation and globalization.
· Substantiate all your questions and answers with references. You should use at least four sources from the class material and four additional sources.
Required Formatting of Project:
- There is no set format to the paper but students should organize in a manner that is easy for a reader to understand so it is important to make a clear presentation of the questions and the reasons for the questions;
- Title page;
- Introductory paragraph and a summary paragraph;
- Use headings;
- Use APA formatting for in-text citations and a reference page. You are expected to paraphrase and not use quotes. Deductions will be taken when quotes are used and found to be unnecessary;
Material will be uploaded.