I am available for edits or clarifications. Meanwhile, stay awesome!
This paper is divided into three parts/sections.
Part 1: Multiple choice questions.
Part 2: Short Answers.
Paragraph 1: Continuity and activity theories, and how Mr Doe can use them to
improve his quality of life.
Paragraph 2: How ageism negatively affects the mental, physical and financial
health of older adults.
Part 3: Short Essay
Paragraph 1: Brief introduction and poverty as a challenge faced by older adults.
Paragraph 2: Discusses the second challenge – abuse and mistreatment.
Paragraph 3: Discusses the third challenge – ageism.
Paragraph 4: Discusses how the challenges can be addressed.
Running Head: GERONTOLOGY QUIZ
Part 1: Multiple Choice
1. Reasons that the United States population is aging include all the following except an
increase in infant mortality rates [Option 1].
2. Which of the following is indicative of abnormal brain aging? A diagnosis of
Alzheimer 's disease [Option 2].
3. Which of the following statements about "aging in place" is true? Aging in place is a
term used to describe a person living in their residence as long as they want and are
able [Option 4].
4. Biological theories of aging typically fall into two categories: programmed and
damage/error theories. All the following theories are examples of damage/error
theories of aging except immunological theory [Option 4].
5. All of the following statements about Medicare are true except Medicare is a public
assistance program primarily based on financial need [Option 3].
Part 2: Short Answer
The continuity and activity theories of psychosocial aging can be used to advise Mr.
Doe on his current predicament. The continuity theory provides that personality has a
significant influence on an in...
Sign up to view the full answer