Assignment 2: Correlation and Bivariate Regression in Practice
For this Assignment, you will continue your practice as a critical consumer of research. You will critically evaluate a scholarly article related to correlation and bivariate regression.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Use the Course Guide and Assignment Help found in this week’s Learning Resources and search for a quantitative article related to correlation and bivariate regression.
For this Assignment:
Write a 2- to 3-page critique of the article you found. In your critique, include responses to the following:
- Why did the authors use correlation or bivariate regression?
- Do you think it’s the most appropriate choice? Why or why not?
- Did the authors display the data?
- Does the results table stand-alone (i.e., are you able to interpret the study from it?) Why or why not?
Use proper APA format, citations, and referencing.
By Day 7
Submit your Assignment 2: Correlation and Bivariate Regression Practice.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK8Assgn2+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Week 8 Assignment 2 Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 8 Assignment 2 link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK8Assgn2+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.
Explanation & Answer
check this and let me know if you need any help
Running head: CORRELATION AND BIVARIATE REGRESSION IN PRACTICE
Correlation and Bivariate Regression in Practice
CORRELATION AND BIVARIATE REGRESSION IN PRACTICE
Criminal Justice and Alcohol Treatment: Results from a National Sample
Reason behind the use of correlation or bivariate regression
The scholarly article selected for the analysis is Criminal Justice and Alcohol
Treatment: Results from a National Sample. The purpose of the research is to find out the
association between criminal justice involvement and alcohol treatment utilization. The results
show that there is a strong association between the frequency of criminal justice involvement
for treatment utilization in comparison with the perceived need for treatment alone. The author
has used both correlation and regression to find out the relationship between the variables like
received treatment and criminal justice involvement in the past 12 months. Correlation helps to
determine the relationship between the two or more variables. On the other hand, regression
helps to determine the...