WRITTEN INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
PhD candidates should provide an authentic personal statement reflecting on their own personal interest. In the event that any outside resources are used, those should be cited in APA format. Submissions should be a maximum of 500 words or 125 words per question/prompt. Applicants must answer each of the four prompts for their program.
- What are your research interests in the area of Information Technology? Why are you inspired to research in this area, and why do you think it is important to research in this area?
- Why did you select PhD in Information Technology? Why did you select University of the Cumberlands?
- As an individual, what are your strengths and weaknesses and how will they impact you as a PhD IT student?
- Where do you see the future of Information Technology going and where do you see yourself in this mix after obtaining PhD in Information Technology from UC?
Explanation & Answer
Running Head: PhD ELIGIBILITY
Ph.D. Eligibility Interview Questions
Date of Submission:
1. My research interests in the area of Information Technology are Business Intelligence (BI),
Databases, and Enterprise resource planning (ERP). Being an entrepreneur myself and
coming from a business family, I have come to realize that data in every business needs to
be safeguarded and arranged or rather stacked in a manner that it is easily accessible
electronically via a computer. Our family business lost thousands of dollars last year due to
lack of proper coordination between offices since data was being held individually in each
office. This, therefore, inspired me to research on these topics. I believe that it is important
to research these topics because all of them centers on facilitating increased effective
communication between departmen...