Assignment 3: Using Leadership to Improve Ethical Performance
Due Week 9 and worth points 300
At this point, you should have identified the leader you would like to interview. You should also have already contacted him / her and have scheduled an interview time / date. If not, do it as soon as possible. The intention of this assignment is to describe leadership skills, ethics, and communication which impact motivation and improve ethical performance.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Create five to seven (5-7) questions to ask your chosen leader to determine his / her views of motivation, ethical leadership and performance. Then, conduct the interview based on your selected questions.
HINT: The following are some examples of questions. Feel free to select them from here. However, we urge you to revise your Assignment 2 for some ideas of what you would like to know from an experienced leader.
- How would you define leadership?
- As a leader, what do you do when people on your team aren’t pulling their weight?
- What is one of the greatest leadership challenges you have ever faced? What did you do? What was the result?
- How would you describe your communication style?
- Describe a situation in which effective interpersonal communication skills contributed to your success.
- Describe your personal actions by which you convey to your staff that ethics/ethical behavior is a high priority with you and that you also expect it to be a high priority with your staff.
- Related to the previous question, describe how your personal actions (demonstrating ethics is a priority) have impacted your staff and/or colleagues.
- Describe a situation where you recognized a need to communicate clear expectations for ethical practice. How did you recognize that expectations had to be clarified? What did you do or say to clarify the expectations?
- Analyze the leadership, motivation, and ethical values of the leader interviewed and assess its impact in the ethical performance of the organization.
HINT: You should summarize the answers that you gathered in your interview. Thereafter, you should compare and contrast his / her point of view about leadership with your own perception of it.week_9_assignment_3_grading_rubric.html.pdf