Need help with a Math question including a complementary event

Statistics
Tutor: None Selected Time limit: 1 Day

Determine the probability of the given complementary event. What is the probability that a 0.390 hitter in baseball will not get a hit on his next at bat? (TYPE AN INTEGER OR DECIMAL)

Dec 1st, 2015

Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your question!

Given that (s)he is a 0.390 hitter means that his/her probability of hitting is 0.39 or 39%. the complimentary event is failing to hit(miss). Given that there are only two events, hit or miss, the probability of a miss(not hitting) is given by 1-0.39 = 0.61 or 61%

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I'm always happy to answer your questions.
Dec 1st, 2015

Studypool's Notebank makes it easy to buy and sell old notes, study guides, reviews, etc.
Click to visit
The Notebank
...
Dec 1st, 2015
...
Dec 1st, 2015
Feb 27th, 2017
check_circle
Mark as Final Answer
check_circle
Unmark as Final Answer
check_circle
Final Answer

Secure Information

Content will be erased after question is completed.

check_circle
Final Answer