This is part 2 my other assignment that need to be completed first. Please let me know if additional information is needed.
Assignment Preparation: Activities include completing the SkillSoft courses, watching the Lynda.com videos, independent student reading, and research.
- Complete the SkillSoft course, "Microsoft SQL Server 2012: Querying Basics and Modifying Data."
- Complete the SkillSoft course, "Microsoft SQL Server 2012: Creating Database Objects."
- Complete the SkillSoft course, "Microsoft SQL Server 2012: Manipulate Data Using Operators and Functions."
- Watch Ch. 6, "Database Modeling: Querying," of the Lynda.com "Foundations of Programming Databases" video.
Resources: The ERD and normalized tables from the Week Two individual assignment, SQL Server® and Reporting Services on the Toolwire® site, and Beginning Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 Programming.
Build a working sample of Huffman Trucking's fleet truck maintenance database.
Use the CREATE table statement to create a table for each entity for Huffman Trucking's fleet truck maintenance database.
Use the INSERT statement to populate the tables with realistic sample data, demonstrating each relationship in your entity relationship diagram. Include at least two entries for each table.
Use the SELECT statement to create the following queries:
- Create a simple query for each table that returns all of the columns and all of the rows for each table.
- Write a query that displays each part that has been purchased by Huffman Trucking Company. For each part, also retrieve its parts catalog information from the parts catalog table and vendor information from the vendor table.
- Write a query that displays all of the rows in the vehicle maintenance table. For each vehicle maintenance row, join the corresponding information from the maintenance descriptions table and vehicles table.
- Write a query that displays each row in the maintenance work order table. For each row in the maintenance work order table, join the corresponding information from the maintenance description table.
- Write a query that counts the number of maintenance work orders for each vehicle in the maintenance work order table. Display the vehicle column and the corresponding count of work orders for each vehicle.
Use Reporting Services to design and create a report on the parts purchasing history for Huffman Trucking Company. The report should display all parts purchasing history including manufacturer and vendor information, parts catalog information, and associated parts inventory issues, and all parts inventory purchases.
Format the report to present to senior management at Huffman Trucking.huffmandatabaseseandafleettruckmaintenancerev.pdfhuffmandatabaseseandadriverslog.pdf