Final Project Outline
Prior to completing this written assignment, please review the information in the course textbook, familiarize yourself with the Final Project guidelines in Week Five, and review any relevant Instructor Guidance.
For this assignment, you will be creating an outline of your final project. The focus of this outline to is to present as clear a picture as possible of your Community Center Proposal so that you may receive feedback which will guide you as you create your final project in Week 5. Please refer to the Final Project guidelines for more information on the Final Project as you prepare the outline of your proposal.
In the Final Project Outline, you will be creating a script in which you identify and describe at least 2 weekly activities for each age group that address their physical, cognitive and psychosocial developmental needs. All three domains of development must be addressed within your activities. For example, you may have one activity which enhances cognitive and psychosocial development and a second activity which enhances physical development. In addition to identifying these activities, you will demonstrate a foundational knowledge of children's developmental continuum by explaining your reasoning for choosing each activity in each age group, based on your analysis of theory and current child development research.
Additionally, you will go “shopping” for at least 1 age-appropriate game, toy, picture, or other “play” item for the activities in each age group. Keep in mind that this may include things like art, music, technology, or safety tools as you deem fit. For each item that you propose, you will provide a link to a website from which the item can be purchased by the city, as well as an explanation for why the city should purchase the item, informed by research and theory.
You will utilize the PSY104 Written Proposal template
to create your Final Project outline. Enter the requested information on the title page where indicated. Where you find the text “This is where you will…” within the proposal, please remove that and enter your own content. The headings in bold and the outline formatting with numbers and letters should not be altered.
In your Written Proposal, you must include the following:
- Please complete each section of the template including the information requested.
- Within section “iv” for each room, you will be asked to justify your activities and items by analyzing interactions of the major themes: Health and Well-Being, Family and Parenting, Education, Culture and Gender as factors influencing the developmental physical, cognitive and psychosocial pathways. Your written proposal must address how you have accounted for each of these themes in its associated room as they relate to physical, cognitive, and psychosocial development. Each theme must be included in at least one room, and each room must address one or more themes. (Please see these samples for ways to explain how you have accounted for this.)
- Cite your sources according to APA style The Outline:
- Must be 4-6 double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of Community Center
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought within each of the designated age groups.
- Must use at least 2 scholarly sources
- Must document all sources in APA style
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style
- Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your journal entries.