1. Prepare a presentation on
current affairs in Mexico or another Latin American nation. The presentation
may be a written report or a PowerPoint presentation. You should include the
· An overview of the Latin
American nation of your choice. Some information you should include:
· Additional information on a
specific topic of choice, such as the economy, environmental issues, U.S.
relations, political stability, population concerns, or any other current topic
in the Latin American nation of your choice. Consider these while researching
your current topic:
- What history or background
information exists about the topic?
- What is the main issue or
concern about the topic?
- Does the current topic have
an impact on the nation’s culture?
- Are there any attempts to
seek solutions, if needed?
- What are some of the
results or consequences in seeking a solution?
You may use the textbook,
the Internet, and any other sources available to help you research the Latin
American nation. Here are a few websites that may be helpful.
· Washington Office of Latin
· The New York Times http://topics.nytimes.com/topics/news/international/countriesandterritories/index.html
· The World Factbook
· The World Bank
· U.S. Department of State