I need help with this Questions (Short Answer - 1 paragraph) and pleas use the book attached is rescores.
1. Compare and Contrast Modern and Post-Modern Architecture.
Be specific and avoid gross generalizations.
2. What are Le Corbusier’s 5 points of Architecture? What was
his goal in presenting these ideas?
3. Define the term “deconstruction” as it applies to design.
4. Define the term “structuralism” as it applies to design.
5. What characterizes Scandinavian Modernism? Select one
architect and their work to illustrate your points.
6. Louis Sullivan offered a specific vision of the tall
building. Using specific examples, present Sullivan’s key ideas and why these
are uniquely American.
7. Compare and contrast Frank Lloyd Wright’s and Le
Corbusier’s urban ideas.
8. What is the International Style and what are its
characteristics? (Be sure to mention the source of the name in your response.)
9. Using the works of Pritzker Prizeundefined part 1.pdf winner Shigeru Ban as
illustrations, discuss the direction of contemporary architecture.
10. Carefully read each of the following and be prepared to
list its key points and ideas. In your discussion of the reading, be sure to
use appropriate architectural examples.
Wright, “In the Cause of Architecture” [PDF]
Gropius, “Bauhaus Manifesto and Program” [PDF]
Le Corbusier’s “Five Points for
a New Architecture” [PDF]
Kahn, “Silence and
Venturi, excerpt from “Complexity
and Contradiction” [PDF]