(H) What I think is that this is very hard to do. I think that being a good person is almost impossible.
Why do you think it is impossible?
You use the term good person. I am wondering if you could tell me how a good person acts.
I am wondering who has defined for him, a good person and why he doesn’t think he is one.
(H) Because I always screw up.
Always, you don’t do anything right ever?
You seem pretty disappointed in yourself, can you explain more about that.
I am really wondering why he is upset and feeling hopeless. His face seems so sad too.
(W) He seems to be frustrated a lot of the time and I do not know how to help, then I feel frustrated and down.
You sound pretty frustrated.
(W) I am. I do the same things all the time.
So, what I am hearing you say Sally that you feel frustrated often because you do not know how to help Harry with his frustration.
Here I wanted to reflect how this concern is impacting both of them.
(W) Yes, that is it.
So, I would like to hear a bit from each of you about how you experience this internally and what you would like to see happen.
I could have used the miracle question here and asked each of them: If a miracle happened tonight while you were asleep and this problem was gone, what would be different in the morning…
(H) Hmmm… that is a good question, umm, I am not entirely sure… I guess I just try not to think about it and go and watch TV, but I would like to be able to deal with it and not frustrate her with my reactions.
Practicum Part 1 and 2: Verbatim Grading Rubric
· Clearly indicated “H” for husband and “W”: for wife on each statement (or he and she as appropriate).
· Formatting is maintained
· Name is included at the top
· A meaningful 5–8 minute clip was selected
· Verbatim transcriptions were included, so there is no gap in the dialogue (this includes words and muttering such as um, uh, ah… if the clients talk over one another this is also included and labeled “cross talk”).
· Revised responses for the counselor are thoughtful and demonstrate insight.
· Self-awareness column/conceptualizations demonstrate insight and authenticity.
· Spelling, punctuation, and grammar are correct.
· Length is appropriate to accompany a 5–8 minute segment.
· Verbatim is turned in on time.
Student has agreed that all tutoring, explanations, and answers provided by the tutor will be used to help in the learning process and in accordance with Studypool's honor code & terms of service.