Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your question!
There are both advantages and disadvantages with working in teams. Let's take an example of a manufacturing facility of industrial goods. A facility is divided into various departments with each having clear roles and responsibilities. Every one of them has a team of managers and executives to carry out their responsibilities. Now let's see what are the advantages and disadvantages they face:
1) The job can be completed with ease when working in team because every person in the team provide his input.
2) Even if a few of the team members does not perform well, still the job can be completed because of the support of team members.
3) The pressure of the job is distributed on the whole team.
4) Deadlines can be met easily when working in an efficient team.
1) The effective management and leadership of a team is a challenging task.
2) When a team doesn't perform, blame is put on the whole team even if there are well performing members in that team.
3) Working in team can hamper the development and aspirations of smart and hard working associates when the team is not performing well.
Key to effective team:
1) Key to effective team is having a smart and efficient leader with managerial skills.
2) Choosing the right members for the team is important.
3) Compatibility between the team members is important.
4) It is important to have clear communication among the team members.
5) Every job should be performed by the philosophy of PDCA (Plan Do Check Act).
Please let me know if you need any clarification. I'm always happy to answer your questions.
Content will be erased after question is completed.