1) Which of the following terms describes the body's ability to maintain its normal state?
2) Each of the following is known to help prevent infection EXCEPT
(A) hair in the nose
(B) mucous membranes
3) Each of the following mature cells has a nucleus EXCEPT
4) Which of the following is flexible connective tissue that is attached to bones at the joints?
5) Each of the following is located in the mediastinum EXCEPT the
6) Which of the following is the body cavity that contains the pituitary gland?
7) Which of the following closes and seals off the lower airway during swallowing?
(E) Vocal cords
8) Which of the following is located beneath the diaphragm in the right upper quadrant of the abdominal cavity?
9) Which of the following anatomical regions of abdomen lies just distal to the sternum?
10) Which of the following cavities are separated by the diaphragm?
(A) Abdominal and pelvic
(B) Cranial and spinal
(C) Dorsal and ventral
(D) Pericardial and pleural
(E) Thoracic and abdominal
11) Which of the following terms describes the motion of bending the forearm toward the body?
12) In which of the following positions does a patient lie face down?
13) If the foot is abducted, it is moved in which direction?
14) The anatomic location of the spinal canal is
15) Which of the following is a structural, fibrous protein found in the dermis?