An important theme throughout this course has been communication
competence, which is the ability to choose a communication behavior
that is both effective and appropriate for a given situation. Take some
time to reflect on your improved communication skills by taking the
following quiz: How Good Are Your Communication Skills? Then,
using our text, identify some key competencies on which you think
you’ve improved or identify some areas for further improvement. How do
you think these skills will enhance your relationships?
Prepare: As you prepare to write this discussion post, take a few moments to do the following:
- Read the writing prompt below in its entirety.Notice that there are two tasks:
- Look through the text and identify at least one competency you have mastered and one which you can improve.
- Consider how changes in this area could enhance your personal and professional relationships.
- Review Chapters 1, 2, and 11 in your text.
- Review the grading rubric.
Reflect: Take time to reflect on the various ways
we can be competent communicators. Think generally about the role of
communication in a satisfying life and rewarding career. Reflect on how
improving your competencies can change your personal and professional
Write: Based on the information in Chapters 1, 2, and 11:
- Using the text, identify one or more communication competency you feel you’ve mastered.
- Identify at least one competency that you believe you need to
improve. How do you think this improvement will enhance your personal
and professional relationships?
Thoroughly address all three elements of this prompt by writing at
least two to three sentences on each element. Use the course readings
at least once to help you make your points. Consider copying and
pasting these tasks into a word file and addressing each of them
Your initial response should be 200-300 words in length