1. An inchoate crime is an _______ crime. The most common inchoate crime is ________________, and it's is almost always a ________ __________ _________ of the "completed" crime.
2. The arrest and first degree murder charge against a Chicago police officer regarding the killing of Laquan MacDonald approximately one year ago also raises questions concerning violation of his ___ amendment protections.
3. During a criminal trial, the defense has no burdens unless it plans to present an __________ defense, in which case it assumes the burdens of ________ and ________ for the elements of the defense chosen.
4. Before, after or during a criminal trial, if you are a party and want the court to do something you have to make a __________. During the trial, if the opposing party attorney says or does something that is not properly done in violation of law or procedure, the attorney makes an objection, which the judge can then ________ or ______ ______ .
5. Probation is a function of the government's judicial branch while parole is a function of the executive branch.
True or False?(no explanation needed)
6. In a New York State criminal prosecution, the state provides the attorney for the ________.
7. In New York State, the _________ _________ contains the set of laws, that lists those behaviors that the people of New York have over time identified as being so disruptive to the common good or well-being of our society as to be _________ or restricted, and for which a person will be _________ if it's proven in Court that she/he is Guilty of engaging in one or more of those behaviors.
8. Although the three components of U.S Criminal justice system are actively involved in the day-to-day functioning of the Cj system, it only involves two branches of government. Explain. (1 paragraph)
9. What do you think of the quality of the U.S criminal justice system and why?(1 paragraph)
10. Name 3 goals of corrections
___________, _____________, ______________.