Requirements for your interviewee:
1. Born in the United States or a naturalized citizen, 50 years of age or older.
2. Cannot be yourself.
3. English is either their native tongue, or they are fluent in English.
Interview a person to learn about their perspective on American
history. Your assignment has two parts: the interview, and a 1-2 page
essay, for a total of 5-7 pages. You need to contact your interviewee
and conduct an interview that may last anywhere from 15 to 60 minutes.
The questions are open ended, and written to encourage conversation.
After the interview, write a 1-2 page essay, (double spaced, 12
font, Times New Roman, 1 inch margins) answering the following
1. What did you learn about the history of modern America through this interview?
2. Did any part of the interview surprise you?
3. How does a person’s knowledge of U.S. history have an
impact on the way that they vote for presidential elections?
4. Would you rather read about history, or make history?
* All work must be original.