Record your initial reaction to the work (suggested
length of 1 paragraph or half a page) by doing the following:
1. Describe your initial thoughts and/or feelings about
2. Describe in detail at least oneaspect
of the work that most interests you.
B. Analyze the work (suggested
length of 2–4 pages) by doing the following:
1. Describe the historical context of the period in which
the work was written.
2. Discuss insights into the work that can be gained from
the author’s biography.
3. Analyze how this work explores a particular theme
and/or stylistic characteristic from its period.
4. Explain the relevance of this work for today’s
C. Reflect on how the analysis affected your perception of
the work (suggested length of 1 paragraph or
half a page).
1. Discuss how the deeper knowledge you gained through
your analysis has informed or altered your thoughts and/or feelings about the
D. When you use sources to support ideas and elements
in a paper or project, provide acknowledgement of source information for any
content that is quoted, paraphrased or summarized. Acknowledgement of source
information includes in-text citation noting specifically where in the
submission the source is used and a corresponding reference, which includes:
• Location of information (e.g., publisher,
journal, or website URL)