Week 3 - Assignment
Recommendations for Improvement
[WLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4] [CLOs: 3, 4, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, please review the related grading rubric.
For this assignment, you will complete the Chapter 8 Case: Control of “thresholds for evaluation” (TFE’s) at Hallenvale Hospital and Chapter 9 Discussion Question 7, parts b, c, and g.
Control of TFE’s at Hallenvale Hospital Case
This case requires you to assess the infection rate at the hospital and do the following:
- Calculate the average percent of infections.
- Create an appropriate control chart with upper and lower control limits, plot the data in a Control Chart (using Excel), and determine if the process is in control.
- Determine what actions management should take.
- Determine an appropriate TFE for management to use to monitor future data.
These questions require that you evaluate different approaches to improving process performance and develop a recommendation on how to proceed. The question and its parts are listed below. Identify and discuss what would be the most appropriate tool (e.g., 7 QC Tools used for kaizen or others) to use to attack each of these problems:
B. The publication team for an engineering department wants to improve the accuracy of its user documentation but is unsure of why documents are not error free.
C. A rental car agency is getting numerous complaints about the length of time that customers have to wait to obtain a car. They need to get a better handle on the factors that relate to the wait time.
G. A travel agency is interested in gaining a better understanding of how call volume varies by time of year in order to adjust staffing schedules.
In your recommendations for each scenario, examine techniques (e.g., a Six Sigma technique, “lean” strategies, etc.) to improve input and supplier quality, and incorporate a customer-focused approach to Quality Management concepts.
Each conclusion should incorporate at least one scholarly reference supporting the recommendations made. Across the three recommendations, use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the text.
The Recommendations for Improvement paper
- Must be two to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. resource for additional guidance.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Purchase answer to see full attachment
Explanation & Answer
please find the attached files. let me know if you need adjustments. always a pleasure. good bye
Running head: CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
Average percent of infections from the chart is 0.69.
TFE'S AT HALLENVALE
9 11 13 15 17 19 21 23 25 27 29 31 33 35
NO. OF MONTHS
Determine if the process is in control.
The process is control since the values do not go beyond the upper control level (UCL) or below
the lower control level (LCL).
Determine what actions the management should take
The hospital management should come up with health and safety policy programs to
ensure that they maintain control when coming up with safety statement required of them by the
Safety, Health and Welfare Act of 2005. These policies should be clearly highlighted to ensure
that the staff in the organization understands them clearly. These policies will contribute
positively to the performance of the hospital by ensuring that employees show responsibility in
their work. The management should also ensure to draft a plan that it will follow to ensure that
the safety policy is met and fulfilled as stated in the safety statement. A plan is essential since it
will guide the management in the process of policy delivery. The managers should also come up
with safety objectives they intend to meet with the implementation of the health and safety
After coming up with a policy as well as a plan, the management should now go ahead to
implement the policy. It should come up with the mechanism necessary to implement the policy
so as to achieve the safety objectives set. These mechanisms may include training the staff
members, motivating them and empowering them to take precautions as they work to avoid
accidents and infections. After implementation, it is essential for the management to measure the
performance of the policy so as to discover the weaknesses and put corrective measures.
Measuring performance will include investigating if there were any infections which occurred
and caused harm to the patient. Finally the management should audit the performance and put the
corrective measures to ensur...