1. Briefly describe the technologies that are leading businesses into the third wave of electronic commerce.
2. In about 100 words, describe the function of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers. Include a discussion of the differences between gTLDs and sTLDs in your answer.
3. In one or two paragraphs, describe how the Internet changed from a government research project into a technology for business users.
4. In about 100 words, explain the difference between an extranet and an intranet. In your answer, describe when you might use a VPN in either.
5. Define “channel conflict” and describe in one or two paragraphs how a company might deal with this issue.
6. In two paragraphs, explain why a customer-centric Web site design is so important, yet is so difficult to accomplish.
7. In about two paragraphs, distinguish between outsourcing and offshoring as they relate to business processes.
8. In about 200 words, explain how the achieved trust level of a company’s communications using blogs and social media compare with similar communication efforts conducted using mass media and personal contact.
9. Write a paragraph in which you distinguish between a virtual community and a social networking Web site.
10. Write two or three paragraphs in which you describe the role that culture plays in the development of a country’s laws and ethical standards.