Unit 7 Assignment - EMR Documentation
- Due Jun 23 by 11:59pm
- Submitting a text entry box or a file upload
Estimated time to complete: 4 hours
Taking short-cuts in any profession can be a risk, but when it comes to
You manage all physicians and other ancillary providers. You discover that no formal policy exists regarding “best practices” for EMR documentation.
- Include an introductory paragraph explaining the purpose of the policy.
- Divide the policy contents into two sections: administrative staff, and clinical staff.
- Include at least three best practices (some of these may be the same for both administrative and clinical staff, but you should strive to identify specific best practices for each group).
- Include at least four (two for admin, two for clinical staff) common mistakes, short-cuts, etc. and how and why to avoid them.
- Your policy should use formal and professional verbiage.
- On a separate page, list a minimum of three references in APA format.
Please review the rubric to ensure that your assignment meets criteria.
- EMR Best Practices documentation - Word document (.doc) or PDF
Unit 7 Assignment: EMR Documentation (1)
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeIntroduction
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAdministrative Staff
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeClinical Staff
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeOrganization
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeWriting style, grammar, spelling and APA formatting
Total Points: 200.0
Explanation & Answer
Hello buddy, your assignment is
complete. I will be around to help with the edits. Otherwise, goodbye
and remember to invite me for future questions
Running Head: EMR POLICY
Electronic Medical Records present an opportunity for the documentation of medical
records concerning patients (Miller & Sim, 2014). Given the significant role of medical records
and the need to keep them secure and up to date, this paper provides a policy for use in a new
surgical centre. Thus, the report offers a policy on the documentation and best practices of using
electronic medical records. It specifically outlines the best practices and common mistakes for
both administrative and clinical staff in the use of electronic medical records.
Medical records must be stored in a safe and secure environment while ensuring the