Pick one of the items below for your Original Post in this week's discussion forum:
- Explain the benefits of integrating the IT / Security strategic plan with the enterprise strategic plan and the business units' strategic plans. What can happen if this doesn't occur?
- On page 74 of the Security Strategy book, there are 12 questions you should consider before starting a strategic plan. Pick three of these to discuss on the week 4 discussion board. Why are these questions important? How do they assist in the development of the strategic plan? [Try not to repeat questions used by other students.]
- The text mentions a "catch-ball" phase of the planning process. Research this an provide an explanation of it in your own words. How can this be used by an organization?
- The bottom of page 75 provides some guidelines in the planning process. Explain them in your own words. Why is it important to address these? What happens if they're not followed?
- The book states, "Goals are formed using SMART or SMARTER." (p. 83) Explain this in your own words. Use at least one outside reference. Include how this benefits the strategic planning process.
Complete the following assignments for weeks 4 & 5. Please include your name, class number, and assignment number on your paper. Follow APA formatting standards, especially for citations and references.
Assignment: Explaining the strategic planning process
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
§ You will understand the steps in the strategic planning process.
§ You will how a sample organization could use the strategic planning process.
§ The organization is a regional XYZ Credit Union/Bank that has multiple branches and locations throughout the region.
§ Online banking and use of the Internet are the bank’s strengths, given limited its human resources.
§ The customer service department is the organization’s most critical business function.
§ The organization wants to be in compliance with Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and IT security best practices regarding its employees.
§ The organization wants to monitor and control use of the Internet by implementing content filtering.
§ The organization wants to eliminate personal use of organization-owned IT assets and systems.
§ The organization wants to monitor and control use of the e-mail system by implementing e-mail security controls.
§ The organization wants to implement this policy for all the IT assets it owns and to incorporate this policy review into an annual security awareness training program.
1. Page 75 of the book lists the 11 stages in the strategic planning process. Even though they are listed in the Roles and Responsibilities section, it’s really an outline of the overall strategic planning process.
2. Provide a 1-2 paragraph explanation of each stage. You need to explain the goal(s) of the stage and how it fits into the whole strategic planning process. Include the inputs and outputs of each stage.
Using the scenario above:
3. Summarize your recommendations for this organization as they create a new IT Strategy. Include their potential benefits and costs
4. Describe how this organization would use the strategic planning process to develop and maintain their strategic plan.
Your writing must be professional with proper attention to formatting, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Note : Please I need with out plagiarism and original content . APA formats and references for both of the questions. Please refer the text book which was attached to this document .security_strategy_from_requirements_to_reality__1_.pdf