• Make sure your introductionclearly lays out what you will be arguing.
• Indent your paragraphs.
• Avoid the use of personal pronouns in your essay.
• Be sure to use transitional sentences to get from one paragraph to the next.
• Check for run-‐on sentences that need to be broke up into smaller units.
• Break up long blocks of text into smaller paragraphs.
• Remember to cite your sources as you use them throughout your paper.
• Placeany footnotes you have at the end ofthe sentence.
• Number your pages.
• Makea pointof proofreading through your paper when you are done tocatch any errors you may have accidentally overlooked.
• Remove any spacesbetween your paragraphs
• 5 pages means 5 pages
Explanation & Answer
Christianity-Early middle Ages
Thesis: Entailed in this paper are the factors that contributed to thrive and expansion of the
Christian church during the early middle ages.
Pilgrimage, missionary, and education
The Great Schism and the Great Western Schism
Caring for the sick, widows and orphans
Stance against adultery, abortion and infanticide
A theology of love
Running head: CHRISTIANITY-EARLY MIDDLE AGES
Christianity-Early Middle Ages
CHRISTIANITY-EARLY MIDDLE AGES
According to Farquhar (2016), the fall of the Roman Empire triggered the dominance of
the Church in Europe. The Middle Ages refer to the times after which the Roman Empire in the
West collapsed. The Church, therefore, remained as the only universal European institution. The
local Bishops controlled all activities of the Church because the power was in their hands.
Christianity and particularly Catholicism was the most dominant religion during the middle ages
because it was practiced by both the poor and those considered to be from a high-class family.
Entailed in this paper are the factors that contributed to the thriving and expansion of the
Christian Church during the early middle ages. The rapid growth of the Church led to a special
interest in the sector because it raised so many questions. For example, a sociologist of religion
known as Rodney Stark wrote articles on the growth of the Church and the main questions he
raised were how the messianic movement that was considered to be small and insignificant
managed to overcome the chains of classical paganism (Lawrence, 2015). The early Christian
Church ended up being the most practiced faith of Western civilization. Various factors enabled
the Christian Church to expand and thrive during the early middle ages. These factors are
Pilgrimage, Missionary and Education
The first factors that resulted in the growth and expansion of the early middle age
Christian church were the concepts of pilgrimage, missionary, and education. The ...
24/7 Homework Help
Stuck on a homework question? Our verified tutors can answer all questions, from basic math to advanced rocket science!