You work for a software company has just created a new incentive for salespeople to earn a commission on each sale. The current program only allows for a fixed salary. The Chief Information Officer (CIO) has asked you to create a new program that allows the functionality for a fixed salary and commission.
Write a Java® application, using NetBeans IDE, that calculates the total annual compensation of a salesperson.
Consider the following:
- A salesperson will earn a fixed salary of $30,000.
- A salesperson will also receive a commission as a sales incentive. Commission is a percentage of the salesperson's annual sales. The current commission is 7% of total sales.
- The total annual compensation is the fixed salary plus the commission earned.
The Java® application should meet the following technical requirements:
- The application should have at least one class, in addition to the application's controlling class. (A controlling class is where the main function resides).
- A file needs to be created to contain the output.
- There should be proper documentation in the source code.
- The application should ask the user to enter annual sales, and it should display the total annual compensation.
Compile your Java® application files into a ZIP folder.
Review the Lynda.com® videos from this week if you have additional questions on creating a program in Java®.
Submit the ZIP file.