For this benchmark, create an in?depth, 15?20 slide PowerPoint presentation to inform other teachers in your school district of the benefits of using the SIOP model as a teaching framework. This presentation should elaborate on the empirical research that shows the benefits of the SIOP framework when used with general education students as well as with ELLs.
Your presentation should include:
- A brief historical overview of some of the major educational policies that have shaped ELL instruction.
- A brief description of socioeconomic, political, and legal influences on instruction for ELLs.
- The eight interrelated components of the SIOP model, their application, and a teaching example for each component. Include a benefit for each SIOP component regarding how it contributes to an engaging curriculum and learning experience. The eight SIOP components are as follows:
- Lesson Preparation
- Building Background
- Comprehensible Input
- Practice and Application
- Lesson Delivery
- Review and Assessment
- Make a case for the importance of engaging in ongoing learning regarding innovative ways to utilize SIOP in your teaching.
- Include considerations about meeting ELL needs, such as access to academic classes, appropriate resources, and instructional technology, while working collaboratively with other school professionals from the perspective of an advocating leader.
Include title slide, presenter’s notes, and a reference slide that contains 3?5 sources from the required readings or the GCU Library.
Explanation & Answer
hello, here is the complete paper..go through it and in case of anything feel free to alert me.
Benefits Of Using The SIOP Model As A
Major educational policies that have shaped ELL
Immigrants with different languages were arriving in the
united states by 1830 and hence there was need to have
uniform policy on languages.
In 1889, APA’s proposal was made to make English the
language to be used in all public institutions.
The use of bilingual instruction in American school was
eradicated during 1930s and use of English was adopted.
Bilingual education act was passed in 1968 to addresses
educational challenges faced by students coming from nonEnglish speaking tribes.
No child left behind act was enacted in 2001 and it is
effective to date to help all students master English
Socioeconomic influences on instruction for
Socioeconomic influences may be related to the school,
family, or the individual students.
A school that is not economically stable may lack sufficient
funds to employ enough teaching staff.
Such a school may also be unable to fight get enough
learning materials for its students.
Guardians with limited financial levels may be more focused
on the ways of earning their daily bread and forgetting
about the learning of their children.
Financially unstable learners may be disrupted from doing
effective studies .
Political and legal influences on instruction for
Although political and legal factors can affect English
learners in schools, teachers can create favorable conditions
Various such factors affect the learners.
The organization an...