Content and Organization
Cognitive Dissonance Learning Team Paper
All key elements of the assignment are covered in a substantive way.
· Identify the “individual.” Describe the individual involved in the “cognitive dissonance” situation. In other words, paint a picture of who this person is….what is this person’s life is like…(This is a fictional individual that you create – be creative)!
· Describe the “cognitive dissonance” situation and subsequent behavior by the individual.
· Discuss the possible explanations for the behavior using the attribution theory.
· Describe the reciprocal relationship between behavior and attitudes.
· Explain how the individual you chose could have used cognitive dissonance theory to rationalize his/her behavior.
The content is comprehensive, accurate, and/or persuasive.
The paper develops a central theme or idea, directed toward the appropriate audience.
The paper links theory to relevant examples of current experience and industry practice and uses the vocabulary of the theory correctly.
Major points are stated clearly; are supported by specific details, examples, or analysis; and are organized logically.
· Individual is identified.
· Cognitive Dissonance situation and subsequent behavior is described.
· Using the attribution theory, possible explanations for the behavior are discussed.
· The reciprocal relationship between behavior and attitudes is described.
· Explain of how the individual could have used cognitive dissonance to rationalize his/her behavior is provided.
The introduction provides sufficient background on the topic and previews major points.
The conclusion is logical, flows from the body of the paper, and reviews the major points.
Team Communication and Collaboration 10 percent
Readability and Style
Paragraph transitions are present and logical and maintain the flow throughout the paper.
The tone is appropriate to the content and assignment.
Sentences are complete, clear, and concise.
Sentences are well-constructed, with consistently strong, varied sentences.
Sentence transitions are present and maintain the flow of thought.
The paper, including the title page, reference page, tables, and appendices, follow APA guidelines for format.
Citations of original works within the body of the paper follow APA guidelines.
The paper is laid out with effective use of headings, font styles, and white space.
Rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation are followed.
Spelling is correct.