Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your question!
- LAN cables used to be a requirement in my office to link computers to each other, to the internet and to the office server for storing and sharing data. However with the emergence of cloud computing together with cheaper and better Wi-Fi routers and internet connectivity in general, it is no longer needed as everything now is linked to the same cloud, and the account shared across devices for easy data storing and sharing
- As every other form of technology the cloud has some disadvantages
- Most of the time the storage is limited
- It is not ideal for storing large files, as this increases the cost of internet connectivity
- Some times clouds go offline for maintenance or crashes, during which time the data is unavailable
- Clouds are more susceptible to hacks than wired connections
- Data on the cloud cannot be accessed without an internet connection, which is still unavailable in some parts of the world
- No, for the convenience of some tasks and the need to reduce connectivity costs, the Desktop will always have use, people may shift some of the important work to the cloud for easy collaboration with other people, but still some tasks will need to be done on the desktop.
Jan 13th, 2016
Oct 28th, 2016
Mark as Final Answer
Unmark as Final Answer
Content will be erased after question is completed.