Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your question!
Delegation refers to the assignment of authority to another person. This mostly happens from managers to their surbodinates so that they can help out with some activities.
Managers choose to delegate for various reasons;
- to reduce their workload
- to enable the subordinates have an opportunity to grow
- to improve the efficiency of the individual and the organization as a whole.
- sometimes it consumes a lot of time trying to explain to a subordinate how a task is done. The manager may feel that it will take them less time if they were to do the tasks themselves
- the manager may fear that delegation will not ensure that the job is done the way they would have wanted it to be.
- there is fear that some of the employees may outdo the superiors when some duties are delegated to them. This may make the managers not delegate tasks.
- need for control. The manager could want that they be seen as the expert in all matters. They fear that delegating tasks may make them lose any control that they have over the employees,
Content will be erased after question is completed.