Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your question!
Delegation refers to giving control of a job, duty or a task to another person to handle.
Why manager managers choose to delegate:
1. to develop the skills of employees
2. If managers have a lot of work to do they may delegate duties.
3. to enhance a collaborative working environment.
4. If the people you are delegating the role to can handle it better.
5. Sometimes managers can also choose to delegate the tasks they don't enjoy doing.
Why they may choose to do tasks themselves
1. When there is inadequate time to delegate and teach the employees what to do.
2. Fear of loosing credit to other employees for work done
3. If the manager can do the task better then he or she may not delegate it.
4. When the manager lacks confidence in team members he or she may not delegate.
Content will be erased after question is completed.
Enter the email address associated with your account, and we will email you a link to reset your password.
Forgot your password?