Assignment 1: LASA 2: Final Project: Final Research Paper
Submit your final research paper to the M5: Assignment 1 Dropbox by Monday, January 18, 2016. It should include a cover page, abstract, intro/lit review, method section, results (simply report what statistics you propose to use), discussion section, and reference page.
Your final paper should be double-spaced, 8 to 10 pages in length, and properly edited.
Please use the following information to help you with each section:
- Cover page: Pay attention to APA style and refer to the example in your textbook.
- Abstract: Is written on its own page and is a very brief summary of your study. Think in terms of one sentence stating your research question, one or two sentences regarding background and what we already know about it, one or two sentences regarding your methodology (e.g., how many participants were used and how were your variables assessed), and one or two sentences about your findings.
- Intro/lit review: incorporate the feedback and make revisions to the introduction and literature review submitted in Week 4.
- Method section: incorporate the feedback and make revisions to the Method section submitted in Week 4.
- Results section: in one paragraph, state what statistical test would have been used and why it was chosen.
- Discussion section: broken down into the following paragraphs:
- paragraph 1: statement of your results/findings (or what you imagine might be your results).
- paragraph 2: what might have affected those results (i.e., threats to internal and external validity). Include flaws in your design and confounding variables.
- paragraph 3: implications for your findings including the significance and impact on the field as well as future research directions.
- Reference page: Pay attention to APA style and refer to the example in your textbook.
|Assignment 1 Grading Criteria|
Abstract: Clear and concise review of most important components of the research study. Met the required word count.
Literature review: Convincing evidence is given that a thorough review of literature was completed and a variety of sources (at least 4) are appropriate and directly used to support hypothesis
Methods: Clear understanding of participants for research study
Measures or Instruments: Measures/instruments used in research study are identified and accurate.
Procedure: Procedures for research study are identified and accurate.
Ethical Issues: Presentation of possible ethical issues and solutions is clear and convincing and present APA ethical guidelines.
Results and Discussion section: Anticipated results, flaws, Implications for results, Future directions
|Writing Components (20% of LASA 2 grade)|
Organization (16 points): Introduction, Thesis, Transitions, and Conclusion.
Usage and Mechanics (16 points): Grammar, Spelling, and Sentence structure.
APA Elements (24 points): Attribution, Paraphrasing, and Quotations.
Style (8 points): Audience, and Word Choice.
|[img alt="" width="220" height="40" src="http://myeclassonline.com/ec/courses/AUO_files/AUcopyright.gif">|