Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
Part A (Chapter 1)
1. Explain how human resource management and human resource information systems evolve over time.
2. Review the types of human resource information systems (HRIS) on pages 11–12 of the textbook, then answer the following questions: Explain which HRIS types your current or previous employer utilizes. If your current or previous organization does not utilize a HRIS, which types would you recommend? How does the utilization of those systems promote transformational HR activities?
Part B (Chapter 3)
3. Why is feedback from HRIS customers/users important to a HRIS implementation team? Explain your experiences with HRIS as both an employee and non-employee. Next, explain how N-tier architecture or cloud computing has simplified HRIS usage and maintenance?
Business Ethics and Stakeholder Theory" Please respond to the following:
- Watch the video titled, “The Case for Business Ethics" (also available below). Next, go to the Society for Human Resource Managers’ (SHRM) Website and read the “SHRM Code of Ethical and Professional Standards in Human Resources Management,” located at http://www.shrm.org/about/pages/code-of-ethics.aspx. Then, assess the importance of business ethics to today’s organizations. Suggest two (2) actions that human resources can take in order to influence positive ethics in an organization. Provide a rationale for your response.
- From the case study, give your opinion on which theory you believe dominates business today, and explain why. Take a position as to whether or not you believe Monsanto was successful in its effort to meet stakeholder interests. Provide one (1) example of Monsanto’s effort to meet stakeholder interests to support your position.
Flawless Consulting and a Sensible Oxymoron" Please discuss the following:
- Describe the benefits of flawless consultation then explain the basic value of the term, “flawless consultation.”
- After reading the Sensible Oxymoron listed in the “Readings” section, replace the word, “oxymoron” with a word that is as descriptive of the consulting relationship, and indicate why you selected that word and how it relates to the consulting role.
Explanation & Answer
Running head: HUMAN RESOURCE
Discussion 1: Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
Human resource management involves a team of members that work together to achieve
the goals of an organization and conserve its culture. Human resource information refers to the
technology applicants such as database and computers that aid in the management of data within
an organization. The evolution of HRM and HRIS evolve based on technology and expansion of
the organization (Noe et al, 2017). The demand for a high number of employees and roles leads
to the evolution of HRM, while technology affects HRIS.
The current employer uses tactical HRIS, which gives managers evidence to support
decisions regarding the allocation of resources. The tactical HRIS in the domain involves
recruitment, performance analysis, and employee compensation. The recommended type of
HRIS is the Performance Management Information system, which focuses on capturing an...