1 of 1
Answer each of the questions below in short-answer format. Write your responses in complete sentences. Your answers to each question should be one to two paragraphs.
Be sure to carefully read each question to ensure that all components are answered with the appropriate depth and detail. Your answers should be free of spelling and grammar errors. When using reference material, you must properly cite your sources using in-text citations. You must also include a reference list. All documentation must be rendered in APA citation style (see announcements for details on APA).
Review the Short Answer Grading Rubric as you prepare to complete this assignment.
1) Describe two similarities and two differences between verbal and nonverbal communication. --Answer below: .
2) Select one channel of nonverbal communication (reference pp. 284‒315 of the textbook) and provide three examples of how this channel may impact intercultural communication. --Answer below: .
3) Whether a culture is individualistic or collectivistic affects the extent to which you rely on the use of nonverbal behavior. Describe three significant differences that illustrate the relationship between individualism and collectivism and nonverbal communication. --Answer below: .
4) Describe how your personal style of dress identifies you as a member of the in-groups to which you belong. In other words, what does your personal appearance tell the world about your beliefs, values, and attitudes as an individual? --Answer below: .
5) How can studying the intercultural aspects of nonverbal behavior assist you in discovering your own ethnocentrism? Give at least two personal examples. --Answer below: