Choose an organization on which to complete a strengths, weaknesses,
opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis. Ideally, the company you
choose will be a familiar one and one to which you have easy access,
such as your place of employment or a company close to where you live.
You may use the same organization for other assessments in this course.
Think of yourself as an outside consultant hired to research, assess,
formulate, recommend, and evaluate your selected organization.
It is important to remember that opportunities and threats are external to an organization, and strengths and weaknesses are internal to an organization.
Complete the following:
- First, identify and describe what you consider to be your chosen
organization's internal strengths and weaknesses. Examples of internal
factors include employees, management, and finance. Use the terms
"Strengths" and "Weaknesses" as titles. Then, list three or more factors
under each title and describe them.
- Second, identify and describe what you consider to be the
organization's external opportunities and threats. Opportunities and
threats may include a variety of factors, such as economics, technology,
demographics, environmental considerations, culture, competition, and
political influences. Use the terms "Opportunities" and "Threats" as
titles. Then, list three or more factors under each title and describe
Be sure to both identify and describe the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of your chosen organization.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: If you use sources, ensure that resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
The following e-books or articles linked directly in this course: