Creating a Culture of Innovation
Imagine you are creating a new and innovative technology company. In this assignment, consider the culture, management, and leadership of your organization. Remember that your company should be a place that people want to work.
Write a four page paper in which you: Use attached template
- Describe the characteristics of the people you would want working at your company, in relation to the culture you are trying to cultivate.
- Identify two (2) leadership qualities you would look for in employees. What does their background and previous experience look like?
- Discuss your company’s organizational culture. What are the ways you can help ensure that the company’s culture fosters creativity and innovation among employees
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the principal theories and the various approaches to management that have evolved over time and their application to current management situations.
- Assess how various leadership styles fit cultural differences and effectively operate in global markets.
- Describe control systems that can improve a firm’s operations and facilitate change.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in management concepts.
- Write clearly and concisely about management concepts using proper writing mechanics.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Purchase answer to see full attachment
Explanation & Answer
Running head: CREATING A CULTURE OF INNOVATION
Creating a Culture of Innovation
CREATING A CULTURE OF INNOVATION
Creativity is critical to the success of a business, and this paper explores how companies
can foster and promote a culture of innovation among employees. In today's dynamic workplace,
firms are striving to foster a creative employee culture (Martins & Terblanche, 2003). In my
Company, Jetlink Solutions, I desire to develop an adaptive culture that allows workers from
diverse backgrounds to work together towards achieving a common goal. I believe in aligning
my employee culture to the core values and missio ns of the company. Employees should feel
free and at ease to share their ideas with their departmental heads. The management team, on the
other hand, have a role of addressing employee grievances to ensure that the working
environment is fun and productive. The leadership should consult the employee when making
decisions that may affect their performance and productivity.
Characteristics of employees
In the quest to remain innovative in the competitive business environment, there are
essential traits which employees must possess. Employees should have an opportunistic mindset
to help them identify a market niche and business gaps that are worth exploring. The success of
every business entity is dependent on how well they recognize a need and find means of
fulfilling this need (Martins & Martins, 2002). Employees need to be more alert to the latest
trends to ensure that they are up to date with the new market forces. They should appreciate
novelty by seeking new and complex experiences from all aspects of life. Employees ought to be
trained and have expertise in one of the areas of technology since the organization's culture is
aligned to the core values and missions. They ...