For this assignment, you will create the job description using the information from the Week Two job analysis. The job analysis is a critical step in the process for a job description to be reliable and useful. Remember, as an HR leader, you would typically have input from more than one position questionnaire to complete a job analysis.
- Use the job analysis you conducted in Week Two, and determine the appropriate design for the position.
- Analyze the various elements required for creating a job description for the specific position.
- Create a job description that includes the information defined in the job analysis.
- Provide a rationale for the chosen design.
- Explain the purpose and importance of each section within the job design.
Support your reasoning with credible resources.
The Job Design
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
Explanation & Answer
Running head: JOB DESCRIPTION
A job description is bound to a good job analysis since it usually comes after an analysis
of the possible job position. Job description highlights the duties and responsibilities attached to
a certain job position, the requirements, the actual tasks of a job and the essential skills for the
job (Sims, 2019). It describes the specific job positions and all that is required for the employee
by the organization.
Job description revolves around several elements. The first of these elements is the skills,
knowledge, and abilities of the prospective employee. The combination of skills and knowledge
of the employee demonstrates their abilities in doing the organizational tasks. The second
element is related to the environment of the workplace which assesses the conditions of the job.
Such conditions can be traveling, and long shifts in the workplace (Prien, 2009). The third
element in the job description for the administrative assistant regards the duties and
responsibilities that s/he should do. Other key important elements include job title, terms, and
conditions of work such as time an...