Review the Skillsoft® topic "Information Systems Maintenance and Development Tools."
Resource: Patton-Fuller Community Hospital Networking Virtual Organization or an organization you are familiar with that you can research to discover the cabling, network equipment, and structure.
Create a 3-year organizational systems management plan incorporating current trends and security concerns.
Include the following:
- Strategic goals that the 3-year must support or align to
- An ability for the organization to upgrade its network transmission speed or bandwidth during the 3-year plan and beyond
- Replacement schedule for networking and computing devices
- Configuration management processes
- Network and application software upgrades and replacement
- Contingency planning when unforeseen future hardware, software, and networking technology or processes that may be disruptive must be procured for the organization to remain competitive
- Upgrades to network and application security, if appropriate, to include any missing network devices that provide security over several layers of the OSI model
- Upgrades to wireless technology if appropriate
- Upgrades or procurement of specific network components that will enhance transmission speed, accuracy, or availability, based on an analysis of the network
- Priority list of the items that must be procured or require funding so that the budget execution authority can cost and plan for procurement