Final Research Paper
How to Begin:
This week you will incorporate feedback from the Week Three Assignment
to complete the Final Research Paper. You will have formed your own
conclusions about these issues, based on factual information and
evidence from scholarly sources. At this point, you have examined the
social aspects of aging. In addition, you have assessed the impact of
aging on society in the areas of economics, discrimination, and
political influence, and assessed the role of demographics on aging in
terms of health, income, employment, and retirement. Moreover, you have
had the opportunity to examine the numerous policies that are in
existence for the purpose of assisting the aged in our society.
The Final Research Paper will focus on the impact of a growing aging
population in the United States and the aging population in general.
This impact could be defined in terms of increased health care costs
with simultaneous decreased economic contributions, increased housing
needs, and a reduced proportion of the population contributing to Social
Security. As you address the political embattlement related to programs
for the aged (i.e., Medicaid, Medicare, Disability, Welfare and
Supplemental Security Income, and The Older Americans Act), you must
include the following elements, which you began in your outline
assignment from Week Three:
- Title page
- Explain the rapid increase in the older population using the demographic transition theory.
- Analyze the implications of an increasing aging population for two or more of the following social issues:
- The funding and availability of Social Security.
- The funding and availability of Supplemental Retirement Income.
- Work and retirement challenges facing seniors.
- The funding and availability of adequate health care for seniors.
- Summarize what the experts have written about the
issues facing the United States in terms of the growing elderly
population. How do experts suggest addressing these issues? Assess
whether their conclusions are methodologically sound.
- Assess how the growing aging population is going
to impact the younger generations in terms of political power and their
need for social support.
- Evaluate the actions that are currently being
taken to address these issues of having an increasing aging population.
What have been the results of those actions? Justify which remedies you
agree with, and support your conclusions with your scholarly research.
The paper must be eight to ten pages in length (excluding title page and
reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. In addition to
the course textbook, the paper must include a minimum of five scholarly
sources located using ProQuest or a similar database in the
University Library. The sources must have been written within the last
five years. Make sure to cite your sources in the text as well as on the
reference page.Writing the Final Research Paper
The Final Research Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in
length (excluding the title and reference page), and formatted according
to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a well-supported conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, including a minimum of three from the Library.
- Must document all sources and include a separate reference page in APA style, as outlined