American Positive Psychology Association Proposal
This year, the American Positive Psychology Association’s (APPA) annual conference is being conducted in your area, and you are interested in making a presentation. Review the flier below:
APPA World Conference Call for Proposals
The American Positive Psychology Association is seeking presentations for the First World Conference on Empirical Evidence of Positive Psychology. This international conference will highlight research and gather experts in positive psychology to present the latest research and best practices.
Those interested in presenting must submit a 15-20 slide PowerPoint presentation in which the topic of interest is presented. Research evidence that supports this practice and makes this concept an interesting and egaging prsentation for the conference is mandatory.
Using the module readings, Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, research the positive psychology model. Then, based on your research, do the following:
- Select one of the featured elements of the positive psychology model on which you will prepare an application for the APPA Conference call for proposals as stated in the flier.
- Develop a PowerPoint presentation as part of your application. Cover the following points in your presentation:
- Discuss the foundational information for positive psychology and the featured element or concept of positive psychology on which you have chosen to focus.
- Analyze and apply current research to support the efficacy of this element or concept of positive psychology. Provide a minimum of three scholarly references of research conducted within the past five years.
- Argue the benefits of this element or concept in contrast to two different techniques in general psychotherapy such as cognitive restructuring (from cognitive/behavioral theory) or dream analysis (from psychodynamic theory).
- Summarize several significant factors that contribute to a positive outlook based on current research.
- Analyze the potential advantages of this positive outlook and what changes would need to be implemented to impact the mental health field.
- Be sure to include a title slide and a slide with a list of scholarly references.
- Remember to include detailed speaker notes for each slide in your presentation.
Develop a 15–20-slide presentation in PowerPoint format. Each slide should contain 75–100 words of description and research. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.