First I need an outline of the final paper
Review the requirements for your final paper and post a draft outline in the discussion forum. Note any items that you would appreciate feedback on or include portions of your narrative that you would like reviewed.
Then the Final Project
Power of One
You have been learning about how developmental assets can be built into your instructional models and how to use that knowledge to support community-wide efforts to strengthen and support the adults and youth in your community, including identified classifications of Latino, African-American, and youth with disabilities.
We have identified and evaluated the existing programs in your community based on the 40 Developmental Asset model and brainstormed ways that you can use that model to create or support the existing programs within your local school and/or community.
Using reflection and analysis, you identified a specific initiative that meets an identified need in your community and has the potential to be immediately incorporated into your instructional setting or community.
Your final project is composed of three different categories that will be submitted as a complete unit. These categories include:
- A multi-media presentation or slideshow created in a program of your choice (PowerPoint, Google Presentation, Prezi, etc.) that you can use to introduce your initiative to your students, parents, and/ or community.
- Created resources and handouts that support your presentation and initiative.
- An eight- to twelve- page paper that outlines your processes and can be used to introduce and support your initiative.
Your multi-media presentation or slideshow can be created in a format of your choice (Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Presentation, Prezi, etc.) and should last between 5 – 15 minutes when presented orally.
Your presentation should cover, but is not limited to:
- The purpose of your initiative, vision, and mission
- A brief overview of the 40 Developmental Assets
- A graphic of your community based on researched data
- How your initiative will support or create a positive environment and/ or enhance an existing program or practice using proven methods with and for young people
- A reference slide citing all sources using APA format
Your created resources and handouts include the final draft copies of the Student Handout created in Week Three, Resource Table finalized in Week Four, and Communication Guide created in Week Five.
Your written paper should be between eight- to twelve- pages (excluding title and reference pages), double spaced and formatted to APA style.
Your paper should include the following topics/ headings:
- A brief description of your initiative, vision, and mission
- A narrative summary of your community’s demographics including those that are related specifically to the 40 Developmental Assets as outlined in your text
- A graphic or written narrative that outlines the steps that you have taken, or will take, to achieve your vision
- A reflective narrative on how you arrived at your initiative based on your community needs as outlined in the demographics and your thought process for developing your mission/vision statements
- The specific internal and external assets you focus on and why
- How your initiative addresses at least four of the Five Action Strategies as identified in your text
- A short written explanation outlining your evaluation process
- Your plan for growing and sustaining your initiative
You may use any or all of the instructional materials you have created during our course. Your completed final project should utilize a minimum of five credible sources, excluding your text book.