will be able to understand and use content standards and objectives to plan
Prepare for the module by doing the
1. Read: Chapters one and two of the
2. View: SIOP videos in PDToolkit
- Forum and Activities
- Question 1- Module 4 Forum Reflecting on the
importance of addressing both content and language objectives in the
instructional planning, describe the benefits/strengths of including
language objectives in every lesson.
Question 2- Module_4_Activities_Final.doc
Question 3-Module 4. Exit Ticket
Complete the exit ticket to demonstrate you've met the
objective(s) of the module.
Complete the following items.
1. Look at the objective for this session module. In 3-5
sentences demonstrate that you met the objective.
2. In 3-5 sentences explain one takeaway from the reading(s)
done for this module. What did you learn from the reading(s) with regard to
3. In 3-5 sentences explain one takeaway from the activities
done in this module. What did you learn from the activities with regard to
4. In 3-5 sentences, explain your thoughts on the videos or
power points in this module. What connections did you make with prior knowledge
and experiences while watching the videos or power points?
These are the instructions for
accessing the ToolKit.
Here are more specific instructions for the pdtoolkit.
1) Go to http://pdtoolkit.pearson.com/
2) Click on "Register" in the top right
3) Scroll to the middle and click on K-12 teachers (blue button) for the textbook
(NOT THE FIRST BOOK)
4) Accept terms and conditions
5) Register and put in code.